Radar System 19Zh6 (ST- 68U)
To increase a range, a number of processed range bins has been increased in the processing equipment of the modernized Radar 19Zh6 (ST-68U) as well as a number of phase filters is enlarged from 8 to 16. It allowed to increase a radar coverage range from 150km to 180 km in the "rare" triggering mode, substantially improve target tracking under combined effect of clutter, passive and active jamming, realize a capability to determinate radial velocity of targets.
In order to detect large-size targets at the range up to 360 km, a new triggering mode has been introduced.
- Increasing a detection range;
- Improving a coordinate measurement accuracy;
- Improving target detection against clutter and noise background;
- Automation of tracking and initialization processes;
- Adaptation of a rejection zone to interference situations;
- Applying color raster display workstations;
- Realization of various protocols, formats and standards for radar data issue;
- Applying electronic recording of the output data and radar operation modes;
- Providing operation at height up to 3000 m;
- Reducing the false plots during operation in mountain terrain;
- Introducing the target identification channel or the international secondary channel (IFF channel MK-X type);
- Ensuring high effective trajectory processing
BUILDING-IN THE IFF SYSTEM COMPARTABLE WITH NATO STANDARDS
The upgraded radar antenna makes it possible to radiate the IFF signals in the range of 1030/1090MHz. Large vertical dimensions of the reflector permit to shape an elevation antenna pattern of Cosec type with a sharp bottom edge 1,4dB/deg. The antenna pattern width in the azimuth plane is 6,5°.
The antenna system also provides realization of SLS modes in interrogation and response. The interrogator MK-X (MK- XII) type is set in the radar cabin.
The interrogator control is accomplished from the radar workstations. In the processing equipment the IFF output signals are associated with echo-signals and tracking according to the IFF response signals is ensured. All data coming from the IFF is displayed on the workstations.
RADAR OPERATION IN MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN
For the radar operation in mountainous terrain the electric strength of the microwave channel is increased: the increased pressure in the output microwave channel is maintained; the new pulse transformer is installed in the transmitter; the new zone switch is installed in the antenna.
When the radar operates in a mountainous terrain the essential decrease of false plots level is achieved due to shaped out of oscillations of one stable generator.
New radar workstations are based on LCD. They permit displaying all radar data, radar status and map information.
The radar is controlled from the workstations. Two lines (a twisted pair) carry out communication with the radar and workstations.
Up to four workstations can be connected.
Maximum radar remote distance is 300 m. If the workstations are power supplied from an independent power source, the remote distance is up to 500m.
Data playback and analysis of the recorded data is possible at the workstation as well as control for environment simulation for the personnel training.
UPDATE OF LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM
- Protects the cooling channels against blocking by electrochemical corrosion products
- Improves endurance of the cooling devices (klystron, circulator, solenoid, equivalent).