"MODULE" Mobile Automated Control Post
MODULE Mobile Automated Control Post (С2 system)
is the basic component of Automated System of reception, processing and transmitting of radar data. Is designed to provide automated collation, processing and displaying of data from radar positions (primary and secondary, analogue and digital) and radio height finders; transmitting of processed and integrated information about air situation to the high-leveled Command Posts.
- Module design principle;
- Unification of hardware, data processing tools and facilities;
- Flexibility of structure;
- Capability of connection and usage in automatic mode of different types of radar data sources - from "old fashioned" analogue radar positions to modern (existing and prospective) digital radars;
- Easy upgradeability and extendibility according to Customer requirements.
"MODULE" integrates several separate sub-systems providing different functions of data handling: collation, processing, displaying, transmitting, recording. Unified hardware and - to a great extent - software of all sub-systems increases availability of the equipment and flexibility of its structure.
The main sub-systems of "MODULE" are:
- data acquisition and reception sub-system, which performs automatic detection of targets from radar data. Co-ordinates and movement parameters of the detected targets are automatically measured and transmitted to the Module by Radar Extractors, installed on radar and height-finder positions;
- data processing and distribution sub-system, which provides processing, combining and correlation of radar data, received from different sources, and the distribution of the processed data to internal and external users. It includes Communication Server and Data Processing Server;
- displaying sub-system. Working Positions (WP) are used to represent information to the operational personnel and to provide access to different system functions. Number of WPs is flexible, and depends on specific functions of the CP and Customer requirements;
- recording sub-system, which provides recording of radar, voice and other data with replay capability;
- communication sub-system, providing digital operational-and-control communication.
"MODULE" is modern processing system capable to input, handle and combine data from several sources. It provides connection of virtually all types of radar stations, including old-fashioned analogue, without degradation of their technical parameters. The processed data can be used for target allocation/designation, and transmitting of control and direction commands to AD missile and fighter-interceptor units.
Moreover, usage of the Equipment improves tactical and technical characteristics of automation facilities:
- providing of automatic targets detection, with definition of their co-ordinates and altitude;
- increasing of target detection range;
- enhancing of co-ordinates detection accuracy;
- stabilizing of false-alarm rate for different clutter and noise conditions;
- suppression of clutter noise and weather reflections;
- detection of air targets in active and passive jamming, under ground and weather clutters;
- high-speed and flexible data transmitting, adjustable according to customer requirements.
Fully automated primary radar data processing eliminates human-operator from the processing cycle, thus increasing accuracy and decreasing processing delays. This provides the possibility to split radar and CP positions to the distance preventing the affecting of the CP by homing missiles aiming to radar position, which significantly increases CP availability.
- automatic extraction and processing of radar data from 2-coordinates analogue radar stations;
- automatic (automated) extraction and processing of data from radio height-finders with analogue output;
- automatic reception and processing of data from the connected radar positions with digital output;
- automatic initiation and maintenance of target trajectories (up to 200 simultaneously);
- automatic correlation, combining and trajectory processing of coordinate information from all channels of the connected radar;
- automatic combining and correlation of trajectory information from different connected radar sources;
- input and processing of data from cooperating CP and other automated data sources;
- displaying of air situation, command and diagnostic data to the operative staff;
- generating and transmitting of the required information to the higher, cooperating and supported CP (ADM, FA units);
- generating and transmitting of commands and instructions to the subordinated radar facilities and command posts (including height-finder control commands);
- reception, processing, displaying and transmitting of messages about combat readiness and combat actions of the controlled and subordinated units and facilities;
- recording (registration) of air situation data, control commands, combat readiness messages, information about combat actions and technical state of the facilities;
- voice data recording;
- automated preparation and compilation of the reports;
- automated complex and independent training of combat crews;
- automatic online control of system functioning and online diagnostics of technical state of the equipment.
On the basis of the automated mobile command post "MODULE" the following command posts of the AAMS can be used:
- groups of battalions C-75;
- groups of battalions C-125;
- groups of batteries "Kvadrat";
- groups of batteries "Osa"
- of the mixed structure (AAMS C-75, C-125, "Kvadrat", "Osa", "Shilka", "Igla", etc.) in any combination.
The structure of the equipment of the automated mobile command post "MODULE" does not change, but only the corresponding software is set. Thus on fighting means of antiaircraft complexes the equipment of data transmission and interface is set.