Information technologies in Armed Forces
Introduction of the newest information technologies in Armed Forces
On market of information technologies of Ukraine, the Ukroboronservice State Company occupies leading positions, including Armed Forces, and it implements the following kinds of activity:
- Designing of automated management systems, telecommunication systems, situational centers of various designation;
- Supply of equipments;
- Assembling, installation, initial tests;
- Treatment of special software;
- Training of customer’s personnel;
- System commissioning;
- System operating support.
To solve the problems of organization, coordination and execution of research, development and experimental works related to the design and development of automation systems, information and informational - telecommunications systems for special purposes, as well as their implementation and maintenance as a part of the state enterprise (SE) "Ukroboronservice", have been created a specialized design office for ICS (Industrial control system) and communication systems (SDO).
SDO includes unit for ICS design automated control, development of special software, development of design documentation, development and implementation of communication systems for special applications.
SE "Ukroboronservice" has sufficient capacity for the development and delivery of advanced information technologies and automated systems for routine (housekeeping) operations of troops in full.
The company invites interested entities typical composition of the functional and technological subsystems of automation (information) systems:
1. Functional subsystems, which provide a solution to the functional tasks of everyday operational work of troops:
• collection, analysis, information processing - for automate data collection, analysis, processing and understanding of the problem;
• Decision support - to automate the generation, evaluation and selection of a rational solution of the alternatives;
• planning of operations (combat, and stabilization of specific actions) - to implement the processes of modeling, execution of the corresponding calculations in the planning of operations, combat, and stabilization of specific actions;
• operational (combat) management - to ensure the implementation of direct control and subordination of military forces in performing their tasks;
• Ensure operations (combat, and stabilization of specific actions) - automates the process of planning, monitoring, analysis, operational, logistical, moral, psychological and medical support operations (combat, and stabilization of specific actions);
• Organization, coordination and control - for the implementation of the organizational process management, collaboration and coordination, monitoring and verification of readiness of the troops to carry out assigned tasks;
2. Technological subsystems, in such composition:
- • electronic document;
• reference and information;
• a visual display of information;
• video conferencing;
• a telecommunications network;
• Integrated security system.
The subsystems are software and hardware, which includes modern computing and peripheral equipment, high-performance digital communication networks, information protection, as well as general and specialized software. They are based on a unique software platform of its own design.
By a customer request can be further developed and included other subsystems.
The company performs a complete cycle of works for creation of information (automated) systems from design specifications to support of commercial operation.
During the development of enterprise systems adhere to standards and requirements for reliability, ergonomics, operating conditions of information (automated) systems, as well as the requirements for design documentation, which are determined by the laws of Ukraine, national and international standards.
Means of information protection, which are used in control process, enable to handle information with restricted access.
SE "Ukroboronservice" takes part in the Program of digitization system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
In the course of this work technical design was done, development, documentation and direct execution of the installation and commissioning.
The company has a number of overseas contracts for the establishment of information - communication systems under certain agreements.
AIM OF ICS OF THE SPECIAL PURPOSE
ICS of special purpose designed for continuous, stable control of troops (forces) in the preparation and conduct of operations (combat, and stabilization of specific actions), participation in anti-terrorist operations, international peacekeeping operations and liquidation of extreme situations.
ICS of special purpose creates to improve the timeliness and quality control of troops (forces);
reduce time spent on the collection, processing, transfer of operational information and display it on the workstations of operational staff;
reducing of time to make decisions and the timing of bringing a subordinate troops (forces) combat missions, commands and signals;
increase the validity of decisions and plans are being developed;
effectiveness of operational (combat) and maximize use of the implementation of the combat capabilities of troops (forces);
ensuring efficiency, stability, continuity and secrecy of management;
improving the efficiency of the commanders (commanders) and subordinate authorities.
THE SOFTWARE PLATFORM
The software platform allows to:
• integrate automated tools in a single complex;
• configure and manage software in the process of their functioning;
• Establish roles (authorize) of users (government officials) on the use of NIHD and FM, software technological subsystems and automatically configures the workstation, depending on the tasks that they performed;
• Provide application document management of subsystem including text and graphic designers of documents on an electronic map;
• Ensure integration (coordinated interaction) of functional and technological subsystems ICS subsystem to protect information from unauthorized access;
• remotely control access to geographic information subsystem;
• store and exchange data between the functional and technological subsystems of ICS;
• Build an information resource by automated data acquisition and integration of separate information NIHD in the overall structure;
• Provide a mechanism to access the database ACA, which provides:
To provide a physical separation of DBMS software and other software from the ICS;
monitor the implementation of database queries with their pre-test;
concealment of the database structure of the software application level during the design and operation of automated control systems;
provide a uniform software interface to access databases with any application challenges.
TYPICAL SUBSYSTEM MODEL OF ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT
Electronic document management subsystem designed for automation of documentation to ensure the operational work of the organs of military administration.
The purpose of the subsystem electronic document is to provide a holistic mechanism for electronic document management process of troops (forces).
problems solved by this subsystem:
creation of a single base form of operational (combat) documents and reference data;
automation throughout of the documents lifecycle;
creation of a unified technology of working with electronic documents in the structural units of the military management through joint and coordinated work with documents;
greater control over the efficiency of tasks related to information processing;
creating conditions and opportunities for improving management processes and organizational structure of military command;
formation of a single information space for the flow of administrative work related to documentation, automatic tracking of a sequence and run-time functions and tasks, routes documents, employment officials documenting at different stages of operational (combat) control;
optimization of flow of documentary information in paper and electronic forms of military command structures within and among them;
ensuring transparency of the development and passage of electronic documents, implementation of management control at any stage of the life cycle of documents.
STANDARD E-MAIL SUBSYSTEM
E-mail (EM) is designed to create a service message, by its own means, which are not included in the subsystem of electronic document management; creation of electronic mails sending (EMS), which contents are service messages and data created in other subsystems of ICS, which may include information from degree of restriction of access "secret", created by the exchange of EMS.
The purpose of the EM is getting a complete set of hardware and software to transfer EMS between automation complex and automation objects and between users within single facility automation.
EM meets basic requirements:
• the possibility of scaling function, i.e. increasing number of users without loss of accumulated information in the database;
• the possibility of spatial scale, i.e. additional inclusion in the subsystem of military command, military units and institutions in the required amount;
• interface enables the use of existing standards to create and exchange of EMS applications and EM applications can be adapted to the relevant standards;
• provides access for users (officials) to the means of e-mail via the local network automation objects;
• ensure the provision of appropriate officials of the authority of military command authority on the work of the EM in accordance with their duties;
• has a functional and software modularity;
• has the ability to transfer user's workstation with the EMS as a single destination, and the group of recipients for the previously generated list of series, parallel or a combination thereof;
• provides for the exchange of EMS in accordance with their categories of urgency.
• EM created as software and hardware system, has a three-tier architecture construction with the "client-server" technology.
STANDARD GEOINFORMATION SUBSYSTEM
Geo-information system - corporate subsystem, which combines the central and local units of information processing in a single system, provides autonomous operation of individual units, using a single mapping resource, a common information space and a common approach concerning information support for decision-making in government.
GIS provides the ability to access information no matter where the workstation is located and does not need to be set on each of specialized software. Information is available in the form of specialized interfaces that are formed in the server subsystem. All information needs of each group and user's categories are integrated to interface type.
GIS provides the ability to build and upgrade functions both at the level of individual modules and entire subsystem as a whole.
creation of a spatial model of the territory interests of automation objects in formats that enable integration with the international cartographic resources;
support and development of geodatabase segments (GDB) and thematic databases on the status and characteristics of the spatial environment of automation objects;
sharing certain information with other regulation subsystems.
forming of electronic map on the basis of a geodatabase. Drawing objects on user's electronic map and inserting into GFD their main parameters.