ADM Complex S-125-2D “Pechora-2D”
Modernized Air Defense Missile Complex "Pechora-2D" (S-125-2D)
1. Purpose of ADM Complex S-125-2D is as follows:
- ADMC “Pechora-2D” S-125-2D designed for destruction of up-to-date and next-generation aerial threats in conditions of heavy jamming environment. AAMC S-125-2D assures effective destruction of small-size and low-flying targets in any type of radio jamming
- Issue of generalized radar data and combat operation control data to upper command post;
- Hardware, subsystems and data link status diagnosis.
2. Structure of ADM Complex S-125-2D:
- Combat Control Post UNK-2D – 1 set;
- Antenna Post UNV-2D – 1 set;
- Launcher 5P73-2D – 4 sets;
- Set of Control Cable КU-2D – 1 each;
- Set of Power Cable КS-2D – 1 each.
2.1. Combat control post UNK-2D includes:
A. Automated consoles (AC) as follows:
- Automated Console for Commander (AC-C);
- Automated Console for Guidance Operator (AC-GO);
- Automated Console for Manual Tracking Operator (AC-MTO);
B. Radar data processing and recording unit;
C. Voice data recording unit;
D. Command-operational communications;
E. Diesel power generators – 2 each (main and stand-by);
All component parts of Combat Control Post mounted in a box-van which is divided into two sections: hardware section and generator section. Hardware section includes automated consoles, data processing and recording units and communication facilities. Generator section includes two diesel power generators, each of 8 kVA. Sections equipped with air conditioning system.
2.2. Antenna Post UNV-2D includes:
- Antenna post basement UV-550-2D;
- Antenna head UV-500-2D;
- Trailer UV-600-2D.
2.3. Launcher 5P73-2D includes:
3. ADM Complex S-125-2D performs the following functions:
A. Automatic receiving, processing and displaying of radar data arriving from surveillance radar aids integrated with ADMC S-125-2D and upper AD Command Post, and simultaneous handling 150 aerial targets;
B. Target detection and tracking by one of three target tracking channels:
- radar channel;
- TV camera channel;
C. Target search and detection in active and passive jamming environment by missile guidance radar, radar, and by target designation and warning provided from upper command post;
D. Suppression of clutters and passive jamming using MTI system with suppression depth 35-40 dB;
E. Protection against active noise and response-pulse jamming using optical channel, two operating frequency of radar channel, receiver wide dynamic range and anti-jamming algorithms;
F. Suppression of asynchronous jamming using special procedure of signal filtration;
G. Tracking and accurate coordinate determination of selected target in modes: automatic, manual and combined tracking via radar and optic channels;
H. Automatic computation and displaying of ADMC near and far hit zone, current position of missile-to-target contact point for specific fire conditions and specific instant;
I. Determination of the first missile launch moment;
J. Launch of two missiles 5V27D and automatic guidance to tracked target. Each of two missiles can be guided by any of guidance methods: three-point or half-rectification;
K. Missile guidance error measurement and record;
L. Generation and issue of generalized radar data and combat control data to upper AD Command Post;
M. Diagnosis of ADMC hardware pre-combat and current status, data link, radar aids, missile guidance station and launcher status diagnosis;
N. Recording of aerial environment information, ADMC missile availability and status, combat operation progress and result, crew actions, voice data and quality of data transmitted via data links;
O. UNV-2D antenna post and 5P73-2D launcher automatic coordinate positioning through GPS;
P. ADMC hardware operation synchronization using GPS-based common timing system;
Q. Automatic reporting;
R. Communications between UNK-2D control post crew members.
4. Main Performance Characteristics of ADMC S-125-2D
1. Number of channels to target
2. Number of channels to missile
3. Target (bomber type) detection max range, km:
- at altitude 7 km
- at altitude 0,15 km
- at altitude 0,02 km
no less 100 km
no less 50 km
no less 28 km
4. Max speed of target:
- opposite, m/sec
- pursuit, m/sec
up to 800
up to 300
5. Detection and stable tracking of target with effective reflecting surface = 0,1 m2, km
6. Hit zone:
6.1. Min altitude of target, km
6.2. Max altitude of target, km
6.3. Distance to near zone, km
6.4. Max horizontal distance to far zone, km:
6.5. Max slant distance to far zone, km;
6.6. Max course parameter of target, km
7. Hit probability by one missile:
- at range to 25 km
8. Missile guidance methods:
- three-point method;
- half-rectification method
9. Target channel operation modes:
- radar channel;
- optic television channel;
10. Target acquisition time, sec.
11. Number of launcher connected simultaneously, each
12. ADMC readiness (warm-up) time, minutes
no more 4 minutes
5. General technical characteristics
5.1. Antenna post UNV-2D
- Solid-state low noise receiving unit for target channel from antennas UV-10, UV-11;
- Solid-state low noise receiving unit for missile channel;
- Solid-state digital heterodyne with instant operating frequency tuning;
- Digital encoder/decoder of control command to missiles;
- Solid-state transmitter of control command to missiles;
- Solid-state transmitter of interrogation pulse to missiles;
- Magnetron automatic frequency control digital system;
- Digital high-voltage power supply of transmitting unit for target channel;
- Digital solid-state modulator of transmitting unit for target channel;
- Digital azimuth and elevation antenna control servo drive;
- Digital TV optical system;
- Digital navigation and positioning system;
- Data digital receiving/transmitting unit;
5.2. Combat control post UNK-2D
- Digital command-to-missile issue system;
- Digital target and missile positioning system;
- Digital MTI system;
- Digital signal processing system for target and missile channel;
- Digital synchronizing unit;
- Antenna digital control unit;
- Digital recording system;
- Digital trainer-simulator system;
- Digital low altitude target processing system;
- Digital launching system;
- Digital hardware diagnostic system;
- Digital computing facilities;
- Digital launcher control, missile prestart preparation and launching system;
- Digital command-operational communications;
- Digital data receiving/transmitting units;
- Digital navigation and positioning system;
- *Adaptor for interfacing with IFF system;
- High resolution flat color LCDs on all operator consoles;
- Air ventilation and conditioning system;
- UPS units;
- Power supply control unit;
* Subject to agreement with the Customer
5.3. Launcher 5P73-2D
- Digital azimuth and elevation launcher control servo drives;
- Digital missile prestart preparation and launching system;
- Digital navigation and positioning system;
5.4. Hardware profile
Component parts of ADM Complex (panels, units) assembled on:
- latest generation programmable components FPGA, CPLD, FPAA.
6. Operating characteristics
6.1 ADMC S-125-2D hardware assures uninterrupted round-the-clock operation for 24 hours followed with a break for 1 hour;
6.2 Components, panels, subunits and subsystems have a modular architecture which allows their quick replacement with similar ones from Spare Part kit.
6.3. ADMC S-125-2D hardware status diagnostic facilities perform automatic diagnosis of System at every start-up of the System, or by request of operator. System equipped with self test and diagnostic software tools and control equipment for maintenance and troubleshooting. Current repair of ADMC S-125-2D is performed by module replacement method.
6.4. The System equipped with trainer-simulator which provides training to combat crew personnel in conditions maximally close to real combat situation and heavy jamming environment.
6.5. Modernized system is capable to operate under the following environment conditions:
- Operating temperature inside box van: +5˚С to +40˚С;
- Relative humidity: 98% at +25˚С;
- Allowable wind speed: up to 25 m/sec.
6.6. The System can be powered from commercial electric power line 3-phase, 380V, 50 Hz.
6.7. The System equipped with GPS-based navigation and positioning system.
6.8. Modernized ADMC S-125-2D is to be operated and maintained by personnel which normally operates ADMC S-125М(М1).
6.9. Subunits, units and subsystems are easy accessible during maintenance and repair.
6.10. The System supplied with spare part kit for easy maintenance and repair: single Spare Part Kit ZIP-1D.
7. Warranty servicing
Warranty period – 12 months.
Total operation life – 15 years.
The Supplier guarantees, throughout total operation life of the System, to provide logistic and spares support under separate contracts.
The Supplier will timely inform the Customer about any obsolete item and component, and notify the Customer of all equivalent item that can be replaced thereof.
8. Survivability and environment tolerance
ADMC S-125-2D conforms to military standards and complies with requirements to hardware designed for installation on mobile machinery and operation in static position (GOST В 20.39.304-76).
ADMC S-125-2S has the following reliability parameters provided that the System is operated in conditions conform to requirements stated herein:
- MTTF – no less 1500 hours;
- MTTR (by replacement of faulty module) – no more 30 minutes;
- Assigned service life (with periodic replacement of changeable units) – 15 years.
10. Metrological assurance
10.1. Standard measuring tools used for measurement of parameters during ADMC operation.
10.2. Built-in self-diagnostic system evaluates hardware serviceability covering no less than 0,8 of the entire System.
11.1. Software of ADMC S-125-2D consists of application and instrumental software stored in memory modules.
11.2. Instrumental software performs ADMC's hardware diagnosis.
11.3. Software developed in machine-oriented language and disables unauthorized access for modification during operation of ADMC.
12.1 Operation and maintenance (current repair) training will be provided to the Customer's personnel as follows:
- 504 academic hours divided as follows: 288 hrs – theory, 210 hrs – practice, 6 hrs – exams.
13. Operation documentation
13.1. ADMC supplied with a set of Technical and Operation documentation in English;
13.2. Set of Documentation includes:
- Logbooks (Passports) to Complex and its component parts;
- Technical descriptions;
- Operation manuals;
- Maintenance manuals;
- Block diagrams;
- Electric schematic diagrams;
- Computing facilities algorithm;
- List of components, mechanisms, subassemblies of modernized systems;
- List of operation documentation;
- List of diagrams.